Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Clouds, No Wind Wanted!

It was a quieter day today, the wind was only breezy, but it was COLD! We can handle cold weather for the Mennonite Country Auction (http://www.mennonitecountryauction.mennonite.net/) but wind makes for a really miserable day. All of the booths AND the auction are held outdoors, so everyone is praying for good weather on Saturday. This is what we DON'T want:


I've been in a real battle with this hair of mine -- it is so fine that if I put conditioner on it, it makes a limp dishrag look peppy. Without conditioner, it tends to get lots of split ends...

I very seldom pick up magazines, but the other day when we were in town, I picked up a whole batch of them: Redbook, Ladies Home Journal, Good Housekeeping, etc. They are worth, at the most, a half hour's worth of reading apiece -- and are of course, targeted to a much younger audience (Enjoy your 40s!; Still Sexy at 50!, etc.)


But this time, I learned something that seems to actually work. One of the articles on hair and make-up suggested that if conditioner was too much for your hair, but you still needed it, to put it on wet hair first, then wash your hair! By golly, I tried it this morning and I am impressed!
Guess I'm still not too old to learn a trick or two...
,

No comments:

Post a Comment