Thursday, September 3, 2009

Isn't Today Monday?

One of the things we've noticed since we retired is how hard it is to keep track of what day of the week it is -- let alone the day of the month! Today has seemed like a Monday all day. I'm sure it's because we took a "mini-weekend vacation" right in the middle of the week.

We got home this morning a little after midnight. It was a very eerie, beautiful drive home from Bellevue under a full moon. As we got to this side of the mountains, there were a few scattered clouds that the moon seemed to be flirting with, slipping in and out and lighting them from the backside.

I had a very productive day today. Not only did I get three loads of laundry done, but I got all of my Quicken accounts up to date! I had been caught up a couple of months ago and for some reason I was sure that I had entered all of the July data the first of August. I must have gotten distracted, because when I went to enter the August stuff, I discovered that only about eight days of July were done... But, anyway, I am now caught up! (This is one of the few resolutions I've made that I've really tried to follow through on. I hate trying to remember what it was I spent $87 on seven months ago and trying to figure whether it was deductible or not.)

1 comment: