Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Well Drillers

I wasn't even out of bed this morning when I heard the sound of heavy machinery. After I got my teeth brushed -- and some clothes on -- I went over to see what was going on.


The well drillers were attempting to get their rig backed up and centered over the well head and were having quite a time. The ground between the farm buildings and the creek bed is very soft and they kept getting stuck as they attempted to back in. Luckily they have huge jacks on the rig itself and could hoist it up so that the truck could get straightened around and try again. It took them over an hour, but they finally got everything centered over the well.
The wellhead:
The drilling rig raised up and ready to go:

The drilling company:

The drill master:

I know that they did drill through the cement that they had poured on Monday afternoon, but I'm not sure how deep they got today...

No comments:

Post a Comment