Saturday, September 19, 2009

I am FRUSTRATED!

I am VERY frustrated! We postponed going to Spokane yesterday as we wanted to be here if the well-drillers made a break through. So went up today and discovered when I went to pick up the auction tags I had ordered at Kershaws, that they are CLOSED on Saturdays! (And it doesn't say so on the doors!) Which means we'll probably have to go back up on Monday as I am leaving for Kansas City on Tuesday and will be gone the rest of the week.

Cathi asked me how deep wells in this area are. We don't really know about domestic wells as most of the wells in the area are irrigation wells that go down several hundred feet (and any new ones have to be below sea level -- and cased all the way down). The nearest domestic well is a couple of miles away and up on a hill -- they're a little below 800 feet. There are none down in our coulee anymore. The big irrigation wells in the area dried up all the springs in the coulee thirty plus years ago.

Well, at least both WSU and UW on their games today! And the Mariners beat the Yankees last night in extra innings (Yea, Ichiro!). Maybe tonight's game will continue the streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment