Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Long Afternoon and Evening...

I got to sleep in this morning (nice after yesterday!) as I didn't have any meetings until 1 PM. My dear room mate had an 8:30 one, but I didn't even get up to see her off!

Our first in-person Mennonite Church USA Executive Board meeting of the new biennium started this afternoon (we actually have already had one conference call meeting). It was good to see everyone, especially as I had originally figured I wouldn't be here due to my back surgery. But since that's been postponed until October, here I am!

After our meeting until 6 PM this afternoon, we adjourned to committee meetings this evening. My Board Development Committee met at a very good Mexican restaurant, Abuelos, not too far from the hotel. I ended up taking the Minutes for the meeting, typed them on the hotel computer, then discovered you couldn't save documents on their computer in order to email them. They also had no facility to use a USB port with a Memory Stick! So I ended up RE-TYPING the dang things into the body of an email and sending them to the Chair so that he could report at the Executive Board meeting tomorrow!

The good thing -- I am using the hotel's computer to do my blog instead of doing it on my iPhone! It's neat to be able to use the iPhone, but it sure takes a lot longer with that little keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment