Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Glorious Morning!

It wasn't very good sleeping last night, because even down here in the coulee it didn't cool off like it usually does until early this morning. I woke up a little after four AM to make a trip to the bathroom and heard the magpies and the king birds making a horrendous racket. I think the magpies had tried to make a raid on the king bird nests. The king birds were out in force, chasing the much larger magpies. I saw one king bird chase a magpie almost an eighth of a mile down the draw!



This is the windbreak where all the ruckus was going on -- so pretty --

Looking up the coulee a minute or so later --
This is what I saw when I first got up. Isn't it glorious?


The partial cloud cover was nice and it stayed much cooler today. The warmest I think it got was in the high nineties and it is already cooling off nicely this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment