Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Trip to McCLeary

Today we took a quick trip into Mark Reed Hospital and Clinic in McCleary so that I could give them some of my blood for a prothrombin time and INR. It turned out to still be within therapeutic limits (2.2), so now I continue on the same regimen with the coumadin and don't need to have another blood test for four weeks.



It seemed funny to be at Mark Reed without my friend Jean Roberts being there. Jean was administrator of the McCleary Hospital back in the days when I was the hospital administrator at Ritzville. Jean retired a few years after I did. I asked if she ever stopped by, and they said she did occasionally, but that she and her husband were doing a great deal of traveling. So good to hear that! It was interesting that the lab tech had never met her, but said she had heard so many stories of how wonderful Jean was -- and she knew that there would not be a hospital there if it hadn't been for her! What a wonderful legacy.


We didn't do terribly much more today. We'll go for a walk as soon as the Mariners game is over. It was looking pretty good with a five run lead, but once again it looks like they have squandered their early lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment