Friday, July 16, 2010

The Little "Normal" Stuff


Sometimes I get the impression that people think that just because we live in a motor home, we're on a perpetual vacation. It's true that we get to travel around quite a bit and see new country, but we continue to have to do all of the usual things one does to maintain a house and a vehicle. Ours just happens to be combined into one entity.



Today was one of those "usual" things day. Forry emptied both the grey and black water tanks and I did several loads of laundry trying to fill the grey one back up. I don't use the dryer most of the time -- I just hang clothing up on our folding clothes rack (which lives behind the couch when not in use) and hang shirts on hangars. Auntie Violet sort looks like a laundry on those days.



We sorted the box of mail we picked up on our way through Ritzville yesterday that Daughter MM had sent to General Delivery; shredded a bunch of it; set aside a couple of bills to pay the first of the month; filed what needed to be saved (in the nice long file drawer the fellows in Oregon made for me under my computer desk); and made a pile of magazines to browse through.
I went through from back to front, emptying the waste baskets in the bedroom and bathroom and the two in the front room. I added the contents of the shredder and the junk mail. Forry collected the large garbage container from outside that is filled from the chute in the corner of the kitchen. Then he took it all out to the dumpster (Our tenant farmer has large dumpster that is serviced monthly. We always help pay the fee when we are parked on the ranch...)
Not too much different -- well, except for draining the tanks -- from what you probably did today in your stix and brix home!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, housework has to happen, no matter where you live. Although I am glad to have this space of our own, I for one will be glad to be able to spread out again once our house is done.

    ReplyDelete