Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's My Own Darn Fault!

I am suffering withdrawals! I am frustrated! I keep reaching for the thing to take a picture or send a note and it isn't in my pocket!


It's my own darn fault -- I sent a status update to Facebook this morning that we were on our way to the Phoenix airport. Then I stuck the phone in the little cubbyhole on the door like I usually do (you know, the little space they have for your fingers so that you can pull the door shut...). But, then I didn't pick it up again and put it in my pocket when I got out of the car to get my luggage! I didn't realize it was missing until I was getting ready to go through security and was putting everything from my pockets into my carry-on bag.


It took me FOUR quarters to call Forry from a pay phone (what happened to the dime it used to take to make a phone call?) to let him know. He had just gotten back to Auntie Violet when I called. He walked back out to the car and sure enough, it was right where I left it. (It's a good thing it was there instead of maybe having dropped out to the road when I got out. I would NEVER have lived down losing another phone! Forry would be giving me a bad time FOREVER about losing it just so I could upgrade my iPhone to a 4G one. He insists that's what I did the last time...!)


I am now in Tampa, Florida where it was overcast and a bit chilly (the pilot said 52 degrees) when we landed. I am here for three days of Executive Board meetings for Mennonite Church USA. I'll get back to Phoenix about 8 PM Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment