Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Trip Back to the Big Tent

We didn't get much when we went to the Big Tent RV show last Sunday. I picked up some replacement nail files and a couple of other little things, but that was about it. Today we went back with a bit of a purpose. I had seen some t-shirts that were decorated with a rhinestone motor home with "Home Sweet Home" above it. I didn't really want another t-shirt, but after we got home I got to thinking about the blue knit jacket I had picked up at Costco a couple of weeks ago.


I took the jacket with me today to see if the lady could put that motorcoach design on it for me. She was a bit hesitant at first, but then looked to see what the fabric was. It turns out to be 98% cotton and only 2% spandex, so she thought it would work well.
And so it did!


We also picked up another water hose -- a thirty foot one this time. Forry really likes the hoses he bought last year and wanted one longer one. These have brass fittings and actually withstand high pressure. We looked at some colored LED light ropes, but decided that they were a bit too pricey. Forry did get the motion detector LED outside door light that he has been looking for.
Many Alpine coaches have headed out the last two days. There are only about a dozen of us left here. We've done well. We still have more than a half a tank of fresh water and both our gray and black water tanks are less than half full. But, we too, will head back to civilization tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment