Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Day After...

Miscellaneus thoughts after a busy day yesterday:


Birthdays with Facebook are fun! I was already getting birthday wishes on my iPhone when I woke up -- and they continued to come all day long.


I just talked with our friend Tom who had surgery on his neck this morning. He says he's feeling no pain and sounds really good. It's always a relief when things go well!


I'm not sure how we manage it, but I ended up with three loads of laundry today. I suppose part of it is that our Splendide washer/dryer washes the best with smaller loads, so I never like to get too far behind.


Forry spent a good while today re-glueing the bottom of one of the drawers in the kitchen. It's one that I store cans in. The bottom had slipped out of the groove on one side.


We ended up eating the leftovers from my birthday dinner for supper tonight. There was more than enough left for a meal. I suppose the fact that we had had some wonderful pate appetizers, roasted red pepper soup, salad, and very good bread before our entrees last night might have had something to do with how much was left.


I took this picture of this very large snake alongside the road when we were coming home from the Petroglyph National Monument on Tuesday. It was a good six feet long! It didn't have any rattles, so we knew it wasn't a rattlesnake, but not sure what it was --



I have been reading Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch detective novels on my Kindle. So far this week I have read The Black Echo and The Black Ice and am now reading The Concrete Blonde. Pretty good books if you like the cop genre.



It must have been a lot tougher to have been a full-time RVer in years past before the Internet. We took time this afternoon (since we had gotten a big box of mail from Daughter MM on Monday) to pay bills. It is so nice to be able to use Bill Pay with our Credit Union and not even have to be concerned with checks, envelopes and stamps!

1 comment:

  1. The internet is such an amazing tool. I keep up with friends I probably would never talk to, we pay bills, and get updates on Isabella regularly. Glad you had a good birthday! I will have something for you next time I see you. :-)

    ReplyDelete