Monday, May 9, 2011

Nasty, Ugly, Gusty, WINDY Day!

It was a bit breezy when we woke up this morning and it just kept getting stronger and stronger. The news said there were wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour, and I believe it. It was strong enough by about two o'clock that Forry brought the TV satellite antenna down. The sky over the hills of juniper trees was the color of an Adams County dust storm!


By about seven this evening, it had calmed down enough to put the dish back up. It's a good thing because I sure didn't want to miss Dancing with the Stars tonight. I have been rooting for Kirstie Alley since the beginning -- and she was good tonight! I also really like Hines Ward, but my votes were still for Kirstie!


We had wanted to check out the rest of the petroglyphs at the Monument today, but it was just too dirty and nasty out. Forry did a little repair work, gluing up one of the wood strips on the kitchen slide-out that had come loose. And I did get a load of socks washed for him. But that's about it. I'm still working on the Harry Bosch novels; I'm currently reading Lost Light.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Forry took the satellite down?!?!? It sure must have been windy!

    We made it far enough north that its cool tonight. Highs are supposed to be in the 70s though so we are happy. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete