Friday, March 23, 2012

Computer Stuff

It was another VERY warm day here in Florida. The thermometer was showing in the mid-90s before noon today. I turned on the air conditioning and we spent most of the day inside. I took advantage of the Camplink WiFi service here at Mouse Mountain RV Park to do some major down-loads. It cost me $10 to buy three days of the park's service.

My iPhone which is an iPhone 3 had a software upgrade (5.1) available, so I got that downloaded and also upgraded my version of iTunes software on the computer. That took three hours.

I also took advantage of Blog2Print's 15% discount this week to prepare my 2011 blogs and get them ready for printing in book form. That used up a couple of hours of fairly heavy-duty internet usage as well.

While we have an AT&T aircard that we use with our Cradlepoint router and a Verizon Hotspot, I am hesitant to use up our allotted gigabytes downloading software. With judicious use of the two of them, I am usually able to get through the month uploading my blog and playing Frontierville without going over our data allowance and having to pay extra. And it seems that in parks where we have trouble receiving AT&T, the Verizon coverage is usually good and where the Verizon service is lousy, the AT&T is usually good. And of course, when at an RV park that has free wifi, we take full advantage of it! Except for banking or bill paying which we are careful to do with our locked and encrypted service...

No comments:

Post a Comment