Friday, March 16, 2012

Hand and Foot

Since it was 2:30 AM this morning by the time we got home from Disney's Magic Kingdom and I got my blog posted, we did not get up very early this morning. (Not that we often get up early, but this was even later than usual for us...) We didn't accomplish very much after we go up either. After all, we are retired, you know.

Late this afternoon we made a quick trip over to the nearby Publix grocery to pick up milk and orange juice and restock my blueberry supply. Leslie and Bill were bringing over her shrimp and avocado salad for supper. It was a very hot day today, so I decided to make Grandma Hardt's pear salad as well. It's a true 1950's salad: canned Bartlett pear halves on a lettuce bed with a dab of Miracle Whip in the center, topped with shredded Colby cheese and chopped pecans. I haven't tasted that combination for over thirty years, but it was actually pretty good and every bit of both salads disappeared.

After dinner we decided that it was about time we had a rematch of Hand and Foot. Leslie and I had soundly beaten the fellows the last time we played and they were out for revenge.


Things got pretty heated there for a while --


I was getting frustrated as I had this handful of cards with not enough meld to get down on the board!
(I'm ten points short of the 180 I need...)


It didn't get a whole lot better and the fellows definitely won this round! Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment