Monday, October 8, 2012

A Frustrating Monday

I only had a couple of things to do in Ritzville this morning. I needed to go to the Post Office to pick up the General Delivery snail mail that Son-in-law Scott had sent off to us last week. Then I needed to go to the Farm Services Agency to pick up the CRP contract sheets that they were to have ready for me. Actually I guess I had three things to do -- I needed to gas Toad II as well.

When I got to the Post Office, the inside door was locked! I checked to see if it was their lunch break like many of the small Post Offices we have used across the country. Then I saw the sign "Closed in Observation of Columbus Day Holiday." I have spent too much time in Indian Country to even think of Columbus Day as a day of celebration and hadn't even thought about it being a federal holiday!

I had a funny feeling that the FSA office would be closed as well. Sure enough, there was the same sign... So the only thing I accomplished during my trip to Ritzville (40 mile round trip!) was gas for the Suzuki.

Later this afternoon, we decided to drive the 25 miles into Moses Lake to see if we could get some lighter pipe to use for the antenna. At least with Forry driving during that trip, I had a chance to write a blog about the wonderful weekend we had...
 I had a conference call Executive Board meeting at 6 PM, so we went over to the park by the lake while I took the call. After an hour on the phone, we were able to go over to Denny's for some country-fried steak. Their Senior portions have just one steak patty, which is the perfect size for us. So, I guess it ended up being a pretty nice Monday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment