Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meanwhile, Back to the Ranch...

After we did chores this morning -- fed the chickens and let them out, fed the llamas and the horses, and made sure the dogs were fed their morning bones -- we sat down for Dutch Babies (a raised baked pancake that is a favorite of our whole family) with fresh raspberries and blueberries. I had a last visit with my Sis and last hugs with the dogs and then loaded all my stuff back into Toad II to get ready to leave.

The weather forecast had told of strong wind gusts today and it was right on. Any of the dry leaves on the trees were gone and there were lots of branches down as well. The wind gusts made it tough to open and close the farm gate. It took both Sherry and I to get it shut again after I drove through.

I drove over to Touchet to get gas. That short stretch of road from the farm to Touchet was sort of tough driving what with all of the gusts, but after that it wasn't too bad.

I got back to the ranch about 2:30 this afternoon. It was very good to see Auntie Violet and even better to see Forry!








No comments:

Post a Comment