Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Little Bit of Ambition...

I had been looking at some of the cherry wood near Auntie Violet's kitchen and was a bit concerned about how bad it was beginning to look. It seemed that the steam from the oven and the dishwasher were taking some of the finish off. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it at first.

When the fellows in Oregon (Bobby Vodden of Kustom Coach Works and Scott Adams of Amazing Creations) built my desk and file drawers, they used Liquid Gold to finish the wood. First they set the cabinets outside so that the sun could darken them, then used the Liquid Gold on them instead of stain and varnish.


I got my can out of the trusty spray and saturated the areas that were not looking so good. It's amazing what a difference it made. So then I went in and did the cabinets by the bathroom sink which were also showing the affects of water splashes. Since that made them look better as well, I started on some of the other cabinets around the RV. I think I got about half of it done before I pooped out.

Then wouldn't you know, the wind started to gust and we had a mini-dust storm! (Forry said I conjured it up by cleaning cabinets...)

No comments:

Post a Comment