Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WET!

It rained last night. I mean it RAINED last night! It sounded like there were buckets of water being poured on top of Auntie Violet continuously. It sounded a lot like it did when we were at Niagara Falls last summer. I read in the Seattle Times (on my Kindle) this morning that a new record for rainfall in a 24 hour period was set at Sea-Tac airport yesterday. It was one humongous storm!

And wouldn't you know it, now we have another leak! This one is in the back in our bedroom -- right over the middle of the bed! It's most likely somewhere around the back air conditioner. We ended up putting a bowl on the bed, then emptying it several times during the night. I ended up sleeping on the couch while Forry slept in his recliner -- where he takes all of his naps.

Not sure how we will handle the leak. I DO NOT want Forry up on the roof! There is a mobile RV unit advertised on the RV Park flyer in nearby Myrtle Creek. I gave them a call, but so far we haven't heard back from them...

This is the sight we saw up the canyon when we went over to the hot tub this morning --

 

It never really cleared off today, but at least for the time being it has stopped raining. I did not want to cook tonight, so I called the shuttle and we got a ride up to Cow Creek Restaurant. It's a funny deal. They have rib steak special for $8.99 that is not on the menu. You have to ask for it! The shuttle driver told us about it the last time we were here, so we tried it out. It's actually a pretty good steak, about 3/4 inch thick and well-marbled. They serve it with a baked potato, garlic bread and vegetable. I had it for dinner tonight while Forry stuck to his chicken fried steak for a dollar more.

No comments:

Post a Comment