Monday, November 26, 2012

Malaise

ma*laise
  n. a general feeling of discomfort, illness, or uneasiness whose exact cause is difficult to identify: a society afflicted by a deep cultural malaise/ a general air of malaise.
<ORIGIN> mid 18th cent.: from French, from Old French mal 'bad' (from Latin malus) + aise 'ease'
 The New Oxford American Dictionary

That's the way I felt today. I didn't sleep well last night, then didn't want to get myself awake this morning. The harder I tried to wake up, the sleepier I felt. My blood sugar was low, but I had no desire to eat breakfast or lunch. I couldn't tell Forry what was wrong, I just felt blah.

I did pull myself together late this afternoon to repeat our trip to Costco. Forry got his Polish dog fix, but it didn't even smell good to me. I settled for part of a dish of ice cream...


It was NOT fun putting groceries a way when we got back. (It's definitely not my favorite task when I'm feeling good.) Got the job done and back to the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment