Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Company!

We went over to the office and paid them for another month here at Valle del Oro. We have decided that we would stay here until the end of March, then think about going to the North Ranch Escapees Park for their 15 day deal.

I took some steaks that I had gotten at Costco out of the freezer this morning and let them thaw. Then seasoned them ahead of time like I had seen them doing on The Chew. I used some of the bourbon flavored smoked salt I had gotten in Tennessee along with some ground pepper and some ground lemon pepper. I put them back in a zip lock bag and let them sit until dinner time. I broiled them on our George Foreman grill and they were delicious!

Our friends Colleen and Dennis are going to have their silverware jewelry booth at the Arabian Horse Show in Scottsdale starting tomorrow for the next ten days. We had invited them to come over for dinner tonight after they got all set up. I had put some potatoes in the oven to bake, so we had them along with some fresh asparagus and hard rolls. Forry had picked out a chocolate mousse cake at the bakery this morning, so we had quite a feast.

Colleen brought along some really good red wine to go with. We spent a great couple of hours just getting caught up again and visiting. It is so good to spend time with friends from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment