Friday, February 22, 2013

TGIF! -- Really?

Once again, the week has wound itself around to Friday. Though for retired folks, it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference. In fact, many times we don't even know for sure what day of the week it is. The only day we really keep track of is Sunday.

I spent a good share of the day doing laundry. My little Splendide washer/dryer did a week's worth of clothes in three loads. Once again, Auntie Violet looks like a laundry. I only run the dryer for about twenty minutes, then hang the clothes up to finish drying. That way I don't usually have to iron anything.

Towards late afternoon we made a trip to Lowes to look for a slightly bigger pot to transplant the little miniature rose bush Forry gave me for my birthday into. We found a nice pottery pot and bought the smallest bag of potting soil we could find. It's still way more than we need...

We had a nice sunshiny day today, but it is still a bit on the chilly side. The Mariners played the Padres this afternoon for the first day of Cactus League play. Unfortunately, they didn't this first game -- I'm not sure that's a good omen or a bad one. Some of the sports writers seem to think it's like dress rehearsal for a play -- that a bad rehearsal means a great Opening Night. Let's hope they are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment