Friday, April 19, 2013

A Day of TV

I can only remember two days in my entire life before today that I spent the largest portion of the day glued to a TV set. The first was after the assassination of President Kennedy (seeing Jack Ruby get shot!) and the second twelve years ago when the Twin Towers were hit.

Today we followed with rapt attention the saga unfolding in Boston. Tom and Juni have an 84" TV in their living room. It's so big the people are life size, which makes quite an impact when you're watching police searches and press conferences.

I think we all breathed a little easier tonight after the second suspect was captured. I do hope he survives and gives information about what brought this horrible tragedy about.

Tonight we went over to Cervantes, the restaurant that Juni and Tom's good friends own. I was still pretty full from the wonderful breakfast that J made this morning, (eggs, bacon, biscuits, brown gravy, fried potatoes,OJ and coffee!) but managed to enjoy a chile relleno and a tostado. The owners of the restaurant are now packaging their salsas and quesos for commercial sale. I collected some different varieties to take back to Washington.


No comments:

Post a Comment