Sunday, April 14, 2013

We're Getting There...

We just kept plugging away at it today and we got a great deal of the packing done. Forry pulled the bags for the lounge chairs and his bicycle out of the basement bays. I folded the chairs up and got them put into the bags. Mine goes in easily, but Forry's is just enough bigger (taller) that it just barely fits -- you have to hold your mouth just right.


While I was working on the chairs, Forry was checking the water levels in the battery bank --


Dern! There's my hand mirror! (Of course, when I can't find it, no one will claim having used it...)


By the time we finished up these tasks, it was getting awfully warm outside, so we retreated back inside the coach. I went to work on the computer desk, getting a whole lot of neglected filing done. I got the paperwork filled out for the mail-in rebate on the new Verizon JetPack (which, by the way, seems to be working very well).

I even got some of the kitchen stuff taken care of, including rearranging a drawer so that my new larger toaster would fit. We managed to watch the Mariner's game (a very nice win!) and the last part of the bull riding.

When the sun set and it cooled off a bit, we went back outside and loaded the car. My trike folds up and goes in first, then the lounge chairs and the two folding chairs and the little table. Our iron road-runner fits in a corner along with the globe light. I'll wait until morning to load the "gossips" and their stand along with the front door step-stool, when I can see where I sticking them in.

We folded Forry's bike up and fit it into its storage bag. We'll put the carrier on the rear of Toad II in the morning and put the bike on and tie it down. The recycling bin was taken across the street for tomorrow's pickup. We've garbage to take out in the morning, tanks to drain and a tire to air. Looks like we are actually getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment