Friday, June 7, 2013

A Puzzle and a Cleaning Spurt

I wish I knew how to copy someone else's video and paste it here. Daughter Dawn posted a video of Granddaughter Havela's Cantalina group singing "Rock My Soul" at Canby High School's Spring Concert Wednesday night on her Facebook page. I shared it on my Facebook page yesterday as well. I sure would have liked to put it on my blog...

Havela left for school very early this morning and got home after six tonight. She has been practicing with the Canby High Marching Band. She will be playing her flute with them tomorrow when they march in the Rose Parade in Portland. After two concerts two nights this week plus school, she is really tired and fell asleep on our couch shortly after she got home.

Forry and I -- and Havela -- shared the last care package of frozen smoked ribs that our friends Juni and Tom sent along with us from Albuquerque. They sure were "falling off the bone" good.

It's been a fairly quiet day. Everyone left the house early for school or work, so we were home alone. I got all of the pillow covers from the couch washed along with my special blue Agatha Franz afghan. I got ambitious and took down the greasy ceiling fan and screen from the kitchen and got them washed. I had washed the screen before we left Mesa, but hadn't washed the fan blades. It's a spinning plastic circle with blades inside. Of course, it was a lot easier to get it down than to put it back. I had to enlist Forry's help for that part. I also scrubbed the ceiling vent for the air conditioner. (All of the things I noticed yesterday when I was napping on the couch...!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment