Thursday, June 20, 2013

Not What I Wanted To Do Tonight!

Well, it's almost 10:30 and we just got home from the Emergency Room in Silverton...

I was heading over to Daughter Dawn's to put the washing I'd done earlier into the dryer; caught my sandal on Auntie Violet's step and took a tumble. I pitched forward toward the bottom of the three steps and ended up with my right ankle twisted on the last step while my left one was still up on the top one. I guess it was a good thing the screen door was closed, as otherwise I might have ended up outside on the gravel!

By the time Dawn got home from wwnork and we ate supper (pork chops with blueberry sauce created by Granddaughter Kyra), my ankle was getting pretty swollen. So, we decided I should at least get it x-rayed to make sure it wasn't broken. Daughter Dawn, Havela and I went to the closest Urgent Care, but it was already closed, so went on to the Emergency Room at the Silverton Hospital.

It was actually a pretty fast visit considering that the ER was very full. We were there a little over an hour and a half. One of the things that moved it along very quickly was that their portable x-ray machine was brought to the room and the doctor was able to quickly review the scan on his computer. Turns out it isn't broken, just a bad sprain. I came home with an ace wrap and a soft air splint that I'm supposed to wear for two weeks.

On a much more enjoyable note -- I took Kyra into Canby to her orthodontist this afternoon to get her braces off! Isn't this a happy smile?!

!

2 comments: