Monday, June 24, 2013

What Day Is It?

I wish I had bought the clock at I saw in the Big Tent a year or so ago in Quartzite. It didn't have any numerals at all and the hands didn't move very fast. Instead of times, it had days of the week around the face. I NEED that clock!

It was a bit easier the last couple of weeks when school was still on. At least, when I saw the school buses, I knew it was a week day. I used to have a watch that told the day of the week as well as the time. It was quite handy.

Of course, it doesn't help much that I have been sticking very close to the couch with my foot elevated and haven't really been out and about. I did see Daughter Dawn driving away on her way to work early this morning, so that helped. But, at that hour I wasn't very wide awake and I don't think it really computed as I remember asking Forry later on if she was at home...

Later this afternoon Todd came over and we looked at some of the possibilities for transportation to the airport here in Portland and from the airport in Phoenix to the downtown hotel. The way it stands right now, is Todd and the Youth will take the Light Rail into downtown while Forry and I will take the Super Shuttle (It's a couple of blocks walk to the Light Rail on either end and I'm not sure about how well I'll be walking by then...).

I went on-line and made our reservations for the Super Shuttle, then realized I had made them to go to the wrong Hyatt! I tried to cancel them on-line, but could only get the trip to the hotel from the airport cancelled, but not the one from the hotel to the airport. I called their 800 number and the operator very graciously got it cancelled, then offered to make the new correct reservation. When she realized we had a convention discount, she apologized and said I had to go back on-line as she couldn't honor it. It didn't take long and at least that's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment