Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What a Beautiful Sunny Day!

It was a gloriously beautiful day today! The sun was out and it was most definitely shorts weather. (Though Grandson Micah, for the first time since we've been here, wore long pants to school today instead of his walking shorts...?)

I was going to make a grocery store run today, then Todd decided he had some stuff to mail and a stop at the bank to make. Forry decided to come along to keep us company, so we ended up riding in with Todd. They dropped me off at the store while the guys went on to the bank.

Todd had taken steaks out of the freezer and mentioned that he thought rice pilaf would be a good side dish to go with. I bought some orzo pasta and some brown rice and made a batch. Then my darling daughter thought I had bought a couple of boxes of RiceRoni! I guess I did use to buy it when she was a kid... I also made Tom's braised brussels sprouts with toasted pine nuts. Todd barbecued the steaks and we were actually able to sit outside to ear.

I love this time of year. The warm evenings when it stays light so long are just delightful when you are outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment