Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another Very Nice Day

All is quiet around here tonight. It was so gorgeous again this evening that we took dinner outside -- it is very nice to sit out under the grape arbor Todd built last year.

I had a Costco bag of shrimp that I wanted to fix for dinner, but wasn't sure that there would not be enough for everyone if I just boiled them and served them with drawn butter like I usually do. Todd suggested I fix them with pasta, which worked out very well. Since this family does not deal well with garlic, I substituted finely chopped onion in the sauce base. I made a lemon white wine sauce for the shrimp that served over pasta with Parmesan cheese and parsley made a very pretty dish.

It was so nice outside that we (the ladies anyway -- Forry went in to watch the ball game) stayed outside and just visited. We did do a bit of planning for the food for next week's graduation party. It's not just the party we need to think about, it's also the houseful of folks who will be staying here to help celebrate (three sets of grand-parents plus aunts and uncles!).

Forry and Todd spent most of the day over at the new house today. The electrician was there changing out the electrical panel, so they were without electricity and couldn't do some of the things they had planned. It makes it nice that Todd has been able to do some work on the house before the official "closing."

It was nice to have the motor home pretty much to myself today, but I sure didn't accomplish much. I hadn't slept real well last night, so sorta made up for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment