Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Doctor's Visit and HAIRCUTS!

We had a busy morning today. I had an appointment for a check-up this morning at Group Health. My doctor has a third year medical student with her for several weeks. Thomas was a delight as he did his exam before I saw the doctor. I've always enjoyed being around nursing and medical students. I know that my fellow nurses and staffers often complained about having students around, saying they slowed them down and asked too many questions. My thought was that their questions and observations kept us on our toes and often caused us to question why we did do something the way we did.

Anyhow, my visit took much longer than usual and we finished up just in time to get over to Madelia Place for our scheduled haircuts. I had called Sarah, who has cut our hair for years, before we even got to Spokane to see if she might have an opening for us. She had a cancellation this noon and was able to get us in. Since we retired, it seems we are on an annual schedule for haircuts!

Sarah cut Forry's hair shorter than he's had it in a long time! I love it shorter as it curls into ringlets in the back. It may be a while before he can put it into a ponytail again...



The last couple of times I've seen her, Sarah just trimmed the ends of my hair -- a half inch or so. Today, I told her I thought the ends weren't looking real good, so she cut off about four inches all around. She also reshaped my bangs, which had gotten a bit unbalanced from my trimming.


And update from yesterday: I called Neskowin Creek again this morning and got ahold of Jesse. Since we were not in Oregon so that we could come in to get new pictures taken for the cards, he suggested we email him pictures (which is why the above pictures!) and he would make us new cards and send them off. I got a note back after I sent the pictures, so I think we're going to actually have proof of our Legacy status.

No comments:

Post a Comment