Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Blue Moon and the Yakima River

Last night was a Blue Moon -- nothing blue about it, except that it's the second full moon in a month. It doesn't happen very often, I think I heard that the next one won't be until 2015. Last night's full moon looked ginormus, but when I took a picture, it didn't look like much --


So I balanced myself against Toad II and tried the telephoto setting on my Canon SX30 15 --


What a luscious globe it was! I even got Forry to come outside and take a look!


This Ellensburg KOA is one of the nicest campgrounds we've been at in a while. Our site is between a couple of nice trees -- I especially like the willow on the right -- yet we have good satellite TV reception.


The campground is on a triangle of ground between the freeway and the Yakima River. Some of the campsites are right on the bank of the river --


I'm not sure if it's still mountain snowmelt or all of the recent rain, but the river is running quite full.

 
 

Looking back towards our site from the riverbank, you can see how much space there is. When we arrived last night, we had several neighbors, most of who left this morning. Later this afternoon, the park started to fill up again. It's a convenient overnight stop.


We did not even disconnect Toad II, so we should not have too much to do when we leave in the morning. It should be an easy trip on to Ponderosa Falls near Cheney.

No comments:

Post a Comment