Thursday, August 29, 2013

Out and About

I stripped the bed and washed the purple sheets this morning, but that is about as domestic as I got today. No, wait a minute, that's not right either. I finally took the glass cleaner and some newspapers and cleaned the mirrors in the coach. Auntie Violet is not as bad as some we've seen, but she still has a bunch of mirrors (I think the coach makers think a lot of mirrors makes the interiors look bigger?!). They've been bugging me and it finally irritated me enough for me to do something about it.

Forry's looking for some new hooks for Toad II's tow-bar hitch. He wants ones that snap on rather then the screw-on ones we currently have. He thinks it might make hitching up a wee bit easier. Camping World didn't have any that weren't already part of a tow-bar, but they did have a few other things we wanted. From there we went to Home Depot, but didn't find any there either. But we did find a handle to put on my mailbox that I use to store the external surge protector and the 30 amp adapter.

From there we went over to Hallmark Used Cars to visit Thomas Suwanmaneedang, who is the fellow from whom we bought our Suzuki, Toad II, last year. We made arrangements to have the rig serviced next week at their shop. Since Suzuki pulled out of the US market, Hallmark has concentrated on used care sales. Thomas has been working on setting up their website www.509cars.com. Sounds like people let him know what they are looking for and he goes on line and tries, pretty successfully it sounds like, to find it for them.

I had taken a couple of thick Costco lamb chops out of the freezer this morning that I pan-fried for dinner. We had some summer squash from my friend Kaarin's garden and some Yukon Gold potatoes that I had sliced almost through, drenched in olive oil and baked. Quite a feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment