Sunday, August 11, 2013

One Of Those Days

This was indeed one of those days. It started raining sometime during the night and was still dark and gloomy most of the morning. We had seriously thought about going to see this afternoon's matinee performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor out at the Rexville/Blackrock Quarry Amphitheatre this afternoon, but we didn't like the thought of sitting out in the chilly air.

We've both noticed that we ache more in damp weather and that we definitely can tell where our old breaks and owies are. I think I can even predict coming damp weather by the way my bones feel... Guess it's all part of the aging process. All those body parts that we abused when we were younger are now getting their revenge.

Costco had some really nice looking sirloin steaks a couple of weeks ago. I bought a nice one, cut it into three about four inch pieces and froze them. On this chilly day, I took one of them out, thawed it enough to cut it into narrow slices and used it to make Beef Stroganoff. I used an old, old recipe that Sister Sherry came up with many years ago. Instead of noodles, it's served over rice. It was a favorite of Forry's and it actually tasted as good as I remembered it

No comments:

Post a Comment