Friday, August 23, 2013

Laundry Day

It's hard to do laundry when you are traveling every other day and when you often don't have a sewer hookup. That meant that now that we are settled in here at Ponderosa Falls for two weeks, the laundry basket was overflowing.

We have a Splendide combination washer/dryer in Auntie Violet. It does a great job of washing clothes, but I don't like the way it dries as it seems to take forever. So I just run the clothing through the wash cycle then hang it up to dry either on hangers or on the folding clothes dryer that lives behind our living room couch. I no longer like to iron, so I finger-smooth the clothes as I hang them and they come out pretty good. Of course, part of it is that we really don't buy any fussy clothing that needs to be ironed.

Our wardrobe essentially consists of jeans, shorts and knit shirts. We do have some dressier clothes, but I am looking forward to two years from now when I will no longer have to attend board meetings where I need to dress up a bit. Even in all of the different churches we attend, a nice pair of slacks or jeans and a shirt with maybe a jacket is just fine. It's seldom, if ever, that we go somewhere that requires a suit, let alone a tie!

I did several loads of laundry this morning and early afternoon, then we took a break and drove into the Group Health pharmacy in Spokane to pick up the prescriptions that I had ordered over the internet. I was a bit surprised to see how grubby Spokane looked when we drove in. It looks like it's been a while since a highway crew picked up trash along the road. The entrance to the city didn't appear very inviting at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment