Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bills and Shopping Trip

I wonder if I'd even notice how fast the months are flying by if I didn't have to pay bills? Yeah, it's the first part of the month again and that means I need to fire up the computer and take care of our finances. We have it set up now so that we pay all of our bills either through our credit union's Billpay on the computer or a couple of ranch ones that we pay over the phone.

Daughter Mary Mae wanted to go to JoAnn's Fabric Store today to check out what they might have in fake fur that could be used to make the wolfboy costumes for PAN,  the next musical show that Granddaughter Claire is in rehearsal for. We found some in both brown and black that I think will work. MM took pictures of it on her phone for the costuming lady to take a look at. Claire had practice for that this morning, then she and her Dad are in The Merry Wives of Windsor this evening.

Grandson Varick took time away from his video game to come over and eat with us this evening as the rest of the family had already gone out to the amphitheatre for "Call" at five-thirty. I introduced him to what our kids used to call "Gorp," a one-pot meal using hamburger, onions, tomatoes and rice. Tonight I added cabbage and some smoked paprika and served it along with a batch of biscuits.


2 comments:

  1. It was called goop, and was oh so yucky!

    ReplyDelete