Saturday, November 1, 2014

Arizona At Last

We couldn't get the satellite to log on due to all of the trees at the RV Park we were at last night, so we went to bed quite early (I think I was asleep by ten o'clock).  As a result, I was slept out early, I think I was awake by 6 AM, more then early enough to watch the sun come up a little after seven. I sent Sister Sherry an email asking if her phone was working yet. Since he knew I was up, she gave me a call (they fixed the phone line last night) and we had a chance for a nice talk before it was time to wake Forry up.

As it was, we were on the road by 9:30 this morning. It had rained for an hour about early this morning, around 1 AM. It was still a bit cloudy most of the day. We followed Highway 58 most of the morning, then turned more eastward on Interstate 40. Finally, we reached the Colorado River, which marks the border between California and Arizona.


It is always a good feeling to finally see the Welcome to Arizona sign -


At this point, we are now seeing staghorn and cholla cacti, some Joshua trees and other yucca along with an occasional ocotillo. About a dozen miles on the other side of Kingman is the turnoff to Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel. We've stayed here before and will take a rest day here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment