Monday, November 24, 2014

I Like Surprises (sometimes!)

After I had gone for a walk this afternoon and Forry had gone for his two mile trike ride, we sat for a bit outside. Then it occurred to us we hadn't checked for mail for a few days, so Forry got back on the trike and rode over to the office. He brought back, not the Bourbon Smoked Pepper and Salt I had ordered last week, but a surprise package!

My Sister Roxy is not only quite the quilter, but she is a very good seamstress as well. She also has the patience to make multiple copies of a project. I don't know how many hundred of these reversible over-the-shoulder bags she has made. (She's given me several over the years, but my daughters have always conned me out of them...) I don't think they'll be able to talk me out of this one, however. Roxy found some incredible RV fabric --


It's a perfect fabric and bag for a full-time RVer!


Not only are the bags reversible (this one is red inside), but they have multiple pockets. Wrapped up inside the bag and hidden in the various pockets were all kinds of little surprises. There were at least four different peace doves, a peacock pin, some vanilla beans from her trip to Bali, some tea and a little lipstick holder, also from Bali and a darling felt star Christmas ornament with a red cardinal on it.

What a lovely surprise "Happy Day Goodie Envelope!" Thank you, Sister Roxy!



No comments:

Post a Comment