Friday, November 28, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

I don't know what they did to the pumpkin pie at the buffet yesterday, but it just didn't taste right. I think maybe they used a commercial pre-prepared pumpkin pie mix. I've tasted pies people have made using canned pumpkin pie mix and that's what it reminded me of.

Anyhow, I wanted some pumpkin pie that tasted like it is supposed to (in my mind anyway!), so I dug a can of pumpkin and one of condensed milk out of my pantry drawer (where they've been for more than a year. I bought them last year when I was going to take a pie to the resort potluck, then was told they didn't need any more pies...) and actually made a pumpkin pie.

But, I had no whipping cream in the house, so we had to make a trip into town. We needed a few groceries, so I ended up with a bit more than just a can of whipped cream. The pie turned out just fine -- and it tasted just like it is supposed to! I've always used the recipe on the Libby Pumpkin can and I guess I am just conditioned. Hmm, I wonder if I should write it down somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment