Sunday, November 16, 2014

Chili and Cornbread

It was a gusty day today. The wind was blowing when we got up and it blew in gusts most of the day. A couple of times I saw the hummingbirds almost blown off of the feeders. We had thought about going back into the Art Show in Fountain Hills this afternoon, but just didn't feel like going out on such a chilly gusty day.

I started thinking about our friends being out at their booth at the show all day. I thought it would be a good thing to fix dinner for them tonight. I was sure they would be tired after breaking down their booth after being out in the wind all day. I checked my pantry drawers and figured that I had enough tomatoes and beans to make a pot of chili. I thawed out a package of hamburger and chopped the leftover steak from a couple of nights ago into small pieces and threw it in the pot too.

Later this afternoon, I mixed the dry ingredients for cornbread. Then when Colleen texted that were packing up, I added the wet ingredients plus a small can of green chilis and stuck it in the oven. The cornbread was ready just about the time they walked in the door. I think they were glad to have a got meal waiting for them. Dennis and Colleen will head back to their winter home base in Tucson in the morning. We're going to miss them. It's been fun having them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment