Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A New Great Niece

Today was a very special day for my Brother Pat and his family. My Sister-in-law Cindy's birthday was today. Their oldest daughter Becky's little baby girl was born today. What a neat birthday present for Grandma! We are delighted for their whole family. Brother Pat now has three little granddaughters to go with the four grandsons!

While awaiting the announcement of the baby's arrival, I made a quick trip into Fountain Hills to take her second set of keys in to my friend Colleen who was stranded at Safeway after she'd accidentally locked her keys in her van. Sometimes it's nice to be able to help - and it even got me out of the house for a while.

On the way home, I got a glimpse of a couple of the wild horses that roam the Yavapai Apache reservation. A mare was eating alongside the road ahead of me while her colt, which looked to be about a yearling, was still on the other side. Fortunately, the car ahead of me had slowed way down and we were both able to pass without spooking the colt into running ahead of us.

At the corner, turning onto McDowell Road, I saw a roadrunner going across the clearing on the other side. That's the third one I've seen this week. I think I've seen more roadrunners so far this year then I saw all of last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment