Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day of Accomplishments

Tonight is the end of one of those days when I feel like we have really accomplished quite a lot. Some of it was pretty mundane - now that we no longer have a leak, I did three loads of laundry.

Another was pretty nice. Forry walked with me half way across the RV park to Colleen and Dennis's trailer. It's the longest walk he's taken and he actually felt pretty good once we got there. Their rig is set up so that they have Dennis's shop in the front toy-hauler portion. We sat and visited for a while.

While we were visiting, I got a call from Chris Yust, the insurance broker I had contacted about a quote on insurance for the RV and the Toad. She had emailed me quotes from a couple of companies last night that I wanted to chat with her about. I scurried back (Colleen gave Forry a ride home later.) over to our place so that I could call her back where I had access to the documents on my computer. We talked for almost an hour comparing policies and finding out what she could do.

I did discover one of the reasons why we were quoted such a large increase with our existing policy. Seems there is a big jump in rates for males at age 70 and another at age 75. Forry turns 76 this year...

We were able to get a policy rate for next year that was about four hundred dollars less then the rate we were originally offered. It intrigues me that I was able to pay for the policy with a direct bank check and sign the policy electronically. Chris was at her home office in Texas and I am in Arizona and the policy is based on our Washington State domicile - isn't it amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment