Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Queen Creek

We took a day trip over to the town of Queen Creek with our friends Dennis and Colleen today. I was totally out of olive oil. Thanks to my friend Leslie, I still had some lime flavored olive oil, and I have half of a bottle of Blood Orange flavored oil, but that's it. I could have gone on the Internet and ordered some from them, but it is much more fun to go over to where they actually press the olives.

We left here a little after ten am after I rearranged the stuff in the back of Toad II so that we could set the back seats up. (I really do have to spend some time sorting through the stuff that is back there!) Now that Loop 202 around Phoenis is finished, it took us less than an hour compared to the couple of hours it used to take.

When we got to the Olive Mill, the lunch line was almost out the door! It cleared out fairly fast and I found out later that much of their lunch business is called-in take-out orders which moved fairly fast. I got a couple of large bottles of EVOO, one a "delicate" one and the other a "robust," along with another bottle of lime. I had to pick up a couple of jars of olives - one with lemon slices and the other with Mesquite Smoked Marcona almonds. I also picked up a jar of tamponade, a green olive pate'. Colleen also did some shopping. I took it all out to the car, then we joined the boys for lunch.

The food at the Olive Mill is fantastic! I had a BLT panini that had thick sliced bacon dashed with Balsamic vinegar - delicious! Colleen had a three cheese toasted panini while the fellows both enjoyed roast beef. Add some gelato for dessert and we were definitely happy. I ended up buying a mixed box of cupcakes, lemon, lime and blood orange, that we split and enjoyed later in the afternoon.

We returned home in time for some short naps before Colleen came over to work on removing and smoothing the screw backs on some conchos that they are preparing for bracelets (since we are in an outside row, she can work outside at our place without disturbing any neighbors.).

After our great lunch and our cupcake break, we were full enough to just settle for cheese and crackers for supper. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment