Monday, November 2, 2015

Costco Trip

We had been putting off a trip to Costco until we got settled in a bit, but today was the day. Besides a vitamin resupply, I needed to buy meat. I ended up with some good-looking ribeye steaks and a nice pork loin. I repackaged the steaks individually to freeze. I cut the loin up into half a dozen small roasts, some smaller cuts to use for stir fry, and some chops. I'd also bought some peeled shrimp, some tempura shrimp and some frozen French onion soup. My little freezer is stuffed.

Forry restocked some of his liquor supply (a lot less tax in Arizona!) as well as bought a case of the "Ice", the flavored fizzy water that he likes. By the time we got everything packed into the house and put away, we were pooped.

We had a nice break soon after we got home with a "Skype" call with Granddaughter Havela. Great-granddaughter Kahlyn is three months old now and fun to interact with. We got to watch her roll over and listen to her chatter with us. I sure wish we were close enough to snuggle in person.

Today is Sister Sherry's birthday.nafter several attempts during the day, I finally got to talk to her this evening and wish her "Happy Birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment