Thursday, November 5, 2015

Grocery Day

We woke up this morning to clear blue skies after almost three days of intermittent rain showers. While the sun was out, there was a breeze and it was cool. I shivered when I read notes and posts from several of my Washington friends on Facebook showing the snow they got last night and this morning.

Our Keurig coffeemaker has bit the dust and is resisting all efforts to revive it. I've been on line looking for a new one. I had read somewhere that there is now a new one designed for small offices that has a larger water reservoir as well as a better pump. The one we saw at Costco is the same as the one we have, so I guess I'll look into ordering one. In the meantime, Forry has been going over to the clubhouse with our mugs in hand in the morning for coffee to ward off the dreaded caffeine withdrawal headaches. (I had a nurse working for me in the ER once who was convinced he had a brain tumor when, unbeknownst to him, his wife substituted decaf for his regular coffee in his thermos...!)

Early this afternoon, we went in to Fountain Hills to the Safeway store there. We didn't leave grocery shopping for so long this time, so it was an easier load and unload and haul stuff into the house than usual. I suppose it's a trade-off between disliking grocery shopping so much that I put it off and waiting so long it's a pain for both of us to get stuff in and put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment