Saturday, November 28, 2015

Busy Day

What a difference a good night's sleep makes! I was up early enough to get the trash from Thanksgiving Day prep and from yesterday's mail delivery out for pickup. I also took a garbage bag and batches of paper towels out and cleaned out the grease tray on the BBQ. There was as much fat from the duck as there had been from before. I felt a bit guilty - I know that my Grandma Kubik would most definitely saved that duck fat for her baking.

Then I started on the laundry. I got all of the laundry basket emptied and done. I still need to wash sheets, but I'll save that for another day...

We have new neighbors. It's a young couple with a little girl - she looks about three or four - and a three month old baby boy. They have a little trailer that reminds me of the first one we had. Except when MM and Sean were that small, we were still tent camping. I have vivid memories of a jar of baby food beets I was warming on our little tent heater, "burping" all over the inside of the tent! Sean must have been just a bit over two and MM about five when we got our Aristocrat trailer that we pulled with our Travelall.

It was chilly here again today. We finally broke down and got out one of our little electric heaters. I think the high today was only in the mid- sixties...

No comments:

Post a Comment