Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Disappointment...


I was on a roll this morning. I got five months of the ranch books into QuickBooks. I would have kept going, but my partner in crime? pooped out on me. Another day should see the ranch part of the job done.

I even got busy and went through the stack of papers which has piled up on my desk. Like what happens most times, the biggest share of them were outdated, and I could just take them directly to the recycle bin.

But, I did find the brochure we got when we checked in about the Superstition View development. This is another CalAm project that looked really good in the brochure. It looked like they were building stucco Southwestern style buildings with adjacent parking for RVs and with "Margarita Roofs".  We thought they looked like some of the units we had seen in Washington State where the building was actually an addition -- perhaps a living room and bathroom -- to the RV. So we drove out to Gold Canyon to check them out.

I should have been suspicious when I read on the web-site that the units were 800 square feet... There are only actually a few of them built so far, the rest are just platted. What they actually are are nothing more than fancy park models with car or RV ports attached to them. They are just small houses. Not exactly what we are looking for...

I took this picture this evening looking EAST from Auntie Violet this evening. The gorgeous sunset was a reflection from the setting sun over on the west side.



No comments:

Post a Comment