Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day Two

Another day of meetings. We started at 8:15 this morning, which meant leaving Valle del Oro at little after seven. Fortunately the traffic was not as bad as we had anticipated and I was actually a few minutes early for the meeting.

It was a long day. The Moderator-elect chaired this afternoon's session and she did a very good job getting us w-a-y ahead of schedule. In fact, we thought we'd be getting done by 5:30. But, it was not to be. When the Moderator took over, he had several things he wanted to add. Then he introduced some pretty heavy material very late in the day. Of course, there were lots of questions and ideas, so we actually got out late.

I had called Forry mid-afternoon to tell him of the anticipated early dismissal. He ended up waiting in the parking area by the lobby for over an hour! Though I think he was in a better mood than I was by the time I got there!

Tomorrow the charter bus we are taking to Mexico is scheduled to leave at 7 AM!  And the word is we will be getting back to the hotel at 9 or 10 in the evening if all goes well. So off to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment