Monday, March 11, 2013

GiftWorksPlus

I looked on the website GiftWorksPlus.com, yesterday, but the way it is set up there is no way to contact them other than by making an order. I had also tried calling GiftWorksPlus yesterday, but got a recording saying they only had office hours on week days. Okay, I'm fine with that. So I call them this morning -- and their phone is set up so that you cannot talk with a person, only leave a message! Now that is irritating.

The longer we had looked at the "Grandkids" picture frame from them, the more unhappy we have become. While I had made a point of emphasizing to the the saleslady that Varick* was spelled with a "VEE" as in Victor and made it very plain when I wrote it on the order blank, the lady kept saying things like "I see" and "I understand" and "not a problem." I did get the impression she was not really listening to me, just wanted to get the sale made.

The more we looked at the finished product the more we could NOT see that this was a stylized "V." It was a "U!"


At first we thought maybe a sharp "v" was not possible, but when you look at the "V" in Havela, it's pretty obvious that it can be done!


Later on this morning, I got not one, but two messages back from GiftWorksPlus. When I told them that the work was not acceptable, they offered to redo the frame insert. And, they said they would put a rush order on it. But, they did want the first one sent back to them...

Fortunately, the recycle bin had not been emptied yet this week, so we were able to retrieve the packaging the insert had arrived in. I re-addressed it, taped it up and we took it over to the resort post office. Now, we wait to see what happens...

*Varick is named after one of the characters in an Ivan Doig novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment