Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cold and Wet

It rained off and on all night and today the clouds hung low and grey and heavy, though we only got a few drops of rain. It was one of those days that just saps all your energy.

I fixed poached eggs and toast for breakfast (served with orange juice and coffee), then made a batch of hard-boiled eggs in Sister Sherry's egg poacher. I had been hungry for deviled eggs and though I made a batch for the Block Party a couple of weeks ago, I only got to eat one -- and by the time we came through the line, it was the last one left!

So today I made another batch and that's what we had for supper. That's about as ambitious as I got today. I read the newspapers, played some Words with Friends, and read a couple of mysteries on my iPad. We thought about going for a bike/trike ride this afternoon, but it seemed like too much effort to get bundled up and go outside.

The weather forecasts seem to all agree that it will warm up and be nice again tomorrow. I have been feeling a bit sorry for the couple who were sitting by us at the ballgame yesterday. They had made reservations a couple of months ago to come to Phoenix for a sunny weekend break. She said she had really been looking forward to some chaise lounge time by the motel pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment