Tuesday, August 25, 2015

BLTs!

We had an appointment at ten this morning with our accountant. We almost didn't make it. I was sitting in my nice new chair, drinking my coffee and reading the Spokane Spokesman Review on my iPad when I suddenly realized at was almost 9:30! Fortunately, Forry was already getting up when I went back to wake him and we made it into town on time.

When we were done with our meeting, we went over to Shari's for breakfast. I had the Senior breakfast of one egg, toast, bacon and hash browns which was good. However, Forry was very disappointed in his biscuits and gravy. I asked for an extra dish of gravy for him as the biscuits were barely covered - and he said they were hard as well.

This evening we went over to Pat and Cindy's and had wonderful BLTs with some of the heirloom tomatoes from Pat's garden. Lordy, they were good! They were so big and luscious that one slice covered the whole slice of bread! It was good to have a chance to sit and visit without the commotion of the wedding.

Pat reminds me in so many ways of our Dad. I came home with the same kind of goody bag of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers that I used to get at Dad's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment