Thursday, August 27, 2015

Once Again, On the Road

Our week at Cascade Park was up, so today we moved on to Spokane. We will be staying at Ponderosa Falls as it is part of our K/M membership where we can stay without additional charge for two weeks.

We've done a good job of stream lining things without having the couch. It is much easier to get organized and packed up to move these days - even with the new slide boards that we are using with the new flooring. It was only a bit after ten when we left the park.

 As I was getting ready to back the car out so that we could hook up, I only saw one little girl at the RV across the way. So I hollered over at the lady,"where's the other one? Is she inside?." She looked sorta surprised, then told me she had gone with her Grandpa. Later, she came over and thanked me for looking out for her little girls. I didn't tell her that one of my biggest fears is hitting a child - they dart in and out of places so quickly!

It was an easy jaunt up I-90 to Ponderosa Falls near Exit 272. We've been here so many times it feels like coming home. However, it took a long time to get registered. There was a couple ahead of us that were evidently evacuees from the fires near Repubic. They were pretty uptight and stressed. They didn't like the site they had been given for their trailer, wanted a new one and wanted to stay longer then the two week limit. The staff was trying to be accommodating what with the Labor Day weekend coming up, but anything they said seemed to upset the poor lady more. They were still there after someone else came and got us taken care of. I don't know if they got everything resolved or not...

After I got us all set up and plugged in, the last thing I wanted to do was cook, so we made a quick run up to Gordy's on the South Hill. We split a wonderful beef and red sweet pepper stir fry that was one of their specials tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment